From Thursday 2nd January, the link above will open the Patient Access login page - the new way to order your repeat medication online, as well as manage appointments and look at parts of your medical record.
Please see the Online Repeat Prescriptions page on the right for further information or ask for details at reception.
Check your supplies of medication and order in plenty of time, especially leading up to public holidays and weekends when the surgery will be closed.
Please allow 2 working days, excluding weekends and Bank Holidays, for your request to be processed. For any problems, please telephone the surgery on 01283 790316.
Please note that repeat prescriptions will not be available for collection when we are closed for Staff Training (half a day each month) - click on the Opening Hours tab for more details
If the doctor agrees, repeat prescriptions can be obtained by the following methods:
- By using the pre-printed request slip, ticking the items required and dropping it into the grey repeat prescription post box in the entrance hallway or in our postbox at the side of the surgery.
- By post - enclosing a stamped addressed envelope.
- By fax - 01283 791863
- By asking at the Reception desk for a repeat prescription form to complete.
- By ordering online via Patient Access (or other online provider) for medications on your current repeat medication list only
In order to avoid mistakes, repeat prescription requests cannot be taken over the telephone.
Please ensure that your name, address and the items you require are clearly indicated on your written request.
If your repeat prescription request is received by the surgery by 10:30am your prescription will be available within two working days
- Eg - prescriptions received before 10.30am on a Monday will be ready for collection at the surgery on Wednesday morning or at the pharmacy after 5pm on Wednesday.
- Please ensure that you clearly mark on your request where you would like to collect the Prescription from. If you wish to collect your prescription from the surgery, please mark it clearly “Alrewas Surgery”. Alternatively mark either 'Alrewas Pharmacy' or 'Northwood Pharmacy Fradley or Other nominated pharmacy (please state name and address)
If you are on regular medication, you will be asked to attend for a medication review with the doctor at least once a year. This date will be printed at the bottom of your repeat prescription slip, so that you can make an appointment to see or speak to the doctor.
Straight to the Pharmacy!
You can arrange to have your prescription sent to a pharmacy of your choice. This is called 'nominating' a pharmacy.
Speak to your preferred pharmacy and ask them to arrange for you to have your repeat prescriptions sent directly to them.
Click on the link below for the factsheet on electronic prescribing www.hscic.gov.uk/epspatients