UNDERSTAND HOW THE NHS CAN SUPPORT YOU
Many teenagers and young people have queries and concerns about their health, but often do not know where to go for help and information.
Below are some suggested websites for you to view, which give accurate and up to date support and information on a range of issues that can affect young people.
If you have concerns about health issues, please do not be afraid to contact the surgery on 01283 790 316 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
All information will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Use the NHS App to:
- check your symptoms
- find out what to do when you need help urgently
- book and manage appointments at your GP surgery
- order repeat prescriptions
- view your GP medical record securely
- register to be an organ donor
- choose how the NHS uses your data
The FREE Student Health App (previously known as 'ESC Student') provides useful and reliable health information for students - all in one single place.
- Feel more confident - find out how to spot warning signs and know when to seek medical advice
- Know where to go - become more confident in navigating the NHS and get the support you need
Click on this link for more information Student Health App
The MeeTwo app provides a safe and secure forum for teenagers wanting to discuss any issue affecting their lives.
You can anonymously get advice from experts or other teenagers going through similar experiences in areas such as mental health, self-harming, relationships and friendships
BOTH APPS ARE COMPATIBLE WITH ANDROID AND APPLE DEVICES
Text message service and app for young people and parents to ask for health and wellbeing advice
Numbers to text
- Young people in Staffordshire should text 07520 615721
- Parents in Staffordshire should text 07520 615722
Who can use the service?
This is a universal programme available to all children and families living in Staffordshire or attending a Staffordshire school (excluding Stoke-on-Trent) where the family have a child or young person up to 19 years old.
General health advice for teenagers
https://openclinic.org.uk/ - Sexual health service in Staffordshire
http://patienttech.co.uk/ - using technology to help manage your health