The Summary Care Record (SCR) is used in emergency care. The record contains information about any medicines you are taking, allergies you suffer from and any bad reactions to medicines you have had.
Having this information stored in one place makes it easier for healthcare staff to treat you in an emergency, or when your GP practice is closed.
Your Summary Care Record will be available to authorised emergency healthcare staff providing your care anywhere in England, but they will ask your permission before they look at it.
When you join the practice, we upload this basic information and a Summary Care Record is created for each patient registered with us. You also have the option of allowing other professionals to see an enriched Summary Care record if you wish. This includes additional information from your patient record and includes significant medical history, information on any long term conditions you may have, your immunisation record, your communication preferences and any end of life care information.
For further information you can:
- download and read the following documents SCR Additional information leaflet or Easy Read Patient Leaflet
- access the Summary Care Record website
- call the Summary Care record Information line on 0300 303 5678
You have a choice:
- If you would like a basic Summary Care Record to be created for you, you do not need to do anything.
- If you would like other emergency health care professionals to see an enriched summary care record with additional information, Click HERE for the form to complete and return it to the surgery so that we can make a note on your medical record
- If you prefer not to have a Summary Care Record, you need to complete an opt-out form and return it to the surgery so that we can make a note of this on your medical record.
If you previously completed an opt-out form following the patient letters sent out in 2010, a Summary Care Record will not be created for you.
CLICK HERE for the Summary Care Record opt-out form